The purpose of this organization is to:
1. Involve all neighborhood residents, businesses and stakeholders in the improvement of our community, through food source sustainability using urban gardening, hydroponics and aquaponics.
2. Inform and involve residents and government officials about issues, projects and programs.
3. Promote good working relationships with other neighborhood groups, block clubs and organization.
4. Encourage educational opportunities for all residents.
5. Encourage healthy lifestyles through healthy eating and exercise.
6. Work to securing a sustainable food source through urban agriculture hydro and aquaponic growing sources.
The Oasis Agricultural Learning Center was created to provide a hands-on, community event facility for the youth in our community to learn about the science, business, technology of farming and the horticultural, nursery and landscape industries. As well as the environmental and natural resources systems.
The Oasis Agricultural Learning Center came into existence to provide the blueprint to systematically revitalize economically distressed and low income communities.
The Oasis Agricultural Learning Center will help revitalize these communities through (7) areas. They are as follows:
The Oasis Agricultural Learning Center Values:
To put the divine rights of human beings first, and provide food, shelter, education, resources and autonomy. To revitalize, redeem, and restore balance to the impoverished. To build and maintain the systematic preservation of our communities. To abolish the poverty and blight that plagues our communities.